Ok... that name might suck... but the dish definitely doesnt. Or atleast my family enjoyed it. What lead to this? We had brought home a Tandoori Chicken parcel, but dinner was so good that we hardly had the Tandoori Chicken. Today morning, I walked into the kitchen and then remembered a friend saying that she wanted to try making something Indian in pasta.
Taking cue, I set out to do something, that turned out well.
We had brought the Tandoori Chicken from Imperial on Residency Road (their masala smells great and they dont use artificual colour).
1 Tandoori Chicken
500gm of pasta/macroni
2 Large tomatoes
2 Medium Onions
2 tsp Ginger Garlic Greenchilli paste
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 pinch Garam Masala
1 clove staranise
1/2 inch cinnamon
1 pinch oregano
1 pinch rosemary
1) Cook, drain pasta and keep it aside
2) Chop the tandoori chicken and throw away the bones
3) Heat 1 tbl spn in a vessle (the vessle should be big enough to hold the cooked pasta), add in the staranise and cinnamon.
4) Add the chopped onions and saute till transparent
5) Add the ginger-garlic-green chilli paste till the raw garlic paste disappears
6) Add the pepper powder, chilli powder and saute
7) Add the tomatoes. Add salt to taste. Add the oregano and rosemary after crushing it. Cook the tomatoes till they soften
8) Add the chopped Tandoori Chicken. Mix it well and leave it to cook in the sauce for 3-4 mins
9) Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup water and bring to boil. (Add salt if needed)
10) Add in the pasta and mix it well with the sauce.